Senior Web Designer
Zero is a creative studio founded in NYC. We are looking for a Senior Web Designer to join our growing team in a collaborative and open environment. Zero places a large emphasis on interactive design, intuitive user experiences, and solutions to meet the needs of our wide-ranging clients and audiences. We are looking for someone who has a strong foundation in interactive technology and design with the passion and curiosity to learn and grow along with us.
As a Senior Web Designer at Zero, you will work independently to conceptualize the emotional “why” behind the brand and how to express it through a digital medium. From the brand world to the website, you’re responsible for creating a digital experience that speaks the brand’s language and offers a fresh perspective within the brand’s industry. Whether developing the visual brand tone or working within a set of established guidelines, you are able to plug into the brand mindset and articulate it. You have mastered your craft as it relates to typography, color theory, layout, and art direction. You also have the ability to develop effective visual communication to fit a variety of personas and brands.
- Contribute to the research and discovery phase through competitive audits, research, and any additional tactics that add value
- Independently develop holistic digital strategies that are unique to the market, true to the audience, and genuine to the beliefs and vision of the brand
- Collaborate with the team to develop presentations that clearly and effectively tell the story of our work and regularly present the work to our client
- Independently develop effective digital solutions, interaction models, and art direction that delivers on the brand strategy, are unique to the market, and genuine to the beliefs and vision of the brand
- Collaborate closely with the team to work from inception to completion to define the digital storytelling through UX/UI, digital design systems, detailed responsive screen designs, interactive and motion
- Experience with designing interactive ecommerce websites
- Collaborate closely with copywriters and developers throughout the process
- Effectively manage your time to meet internal deadlines and goals
- Approach the project with a solutions-oriented mindset, a clear purpose, and ensure all executions meet business and user goals
- Occasionally mentor and oversee design team members