Senior Interactive Technologist
3-5 Years Experience
Zero is a creative studio founded in NYC. We are looking for a Senior Interactive Technologist to join our growing team in a collaborative, open environment that aims to challenge the status quo. Zero places a large emphasis on interactive design, intuitive user experiences, and solutions to meet the needs of our wide range of clients and audiences. We are looking for someone who has a strong foundation in interactive technology with the passion and curiosity to learn and grow along with us.
As a Senior Interactive Technologist at Zero, your primary focus is to hone your craft while developing thoughtful, original digital experiences that are on-strategy. We’ll be asking you to demonstrate creative problem solving, contribute to conceptual directions and collaborations, and develop best-in-class digital experiences amongst a number of fun and challenging projects and products.
Within Zero, you will work with an interdisciplinary team of product managers, developers, and designers. This role will be to lead a major project here at the studio, support 1-2 other ongoing builds, as well as work with the technology team at large to meet needs across the studio.
- Approach every project with a clear purpose and ensure all executions meet business and user goals (performance, conversion, overall quality)
- Take a detail-oriented approach with project planning and development
- Utilize collaborative process with the design team to finesse the interaction model of the site
- Establish clear accessibility goals, performance-oriented tactics, and SEO best practices
- Address technical challenges and constraints with an open mind, exploring what's possible and adding to the creative process at large
- Collaborate with team members to develop standards and guidelines when it comes to project approach and reusability
- Keep each project/site organized, over-communicate, avoid assumptions, and forecast risks to provide a plan of attack to ensure both design and client expectations are met and ideally exceeded
- Work towards a mentorship role with fellow Interactive Technologists
- Consider all projects from a tech agnostic perspective, working to find the best approach that fits the client's needs
- Work both autonomously and collaboratively to learn and grow
- Write and maintain code that is both reusable and scalable, as well as optimized for performance with the end-user in mind
- Take a leading approach when working with designers to prototype animation and interaction layers of a project
- 4+ years of interactive development experience within a creative industry
- Familiarity of GSAP library, PHP, and work in the ecommerce space a plus
- You have developed 3-5 ecommerce websites (Shopify or otherwise) in the past 2 years
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k Matching
- Flexible time off
- Home-office reimbursement for desks and internet
- Professional development stipend (yearly)
- Work-Life Balance - we simply won’t allow the culture of the work all day and all night type of agency
- The opportunity to join a tight-knit and growing studio focused on creating the best damn work possible pushes one another and is primed to grow and create larger career opportunities for you
- Establish yourself as an emerging leader here at Zero, both within your discipline and across all aspects of the studio you are passionate about
One more thing:
When you send across your email send us one of your favorite micro-interactions you’ve created that is out in the wild.