Full Stack Developer
Zero is a creative studio in downtown NYC. Started about a year ago our intention is to create an environment where progressive and contemporary brands, products, and experiences are crafted while providing an impactful and enjoyable experience for our clients and team alike.
Specifically, we are in the market for a full stack developer to join our growing design and development teams. We work in a collaborative, ego-free environment that aims to challenge the status quo. Zero places a large emphasis on interactive design, intuitive user experiences, and solutions to meet the needs of our wide range of clients and audiences. We are looking for someone who has a strong foundation with the passion and curiosity to learn and grow along with us.
It’s important to note the subtly above that you’ll be considered both a creative and a technologist with an intuition to be additive to the product and the process in each phase of the project. We aim to create an environment that empowers both of these areas and pushes us to critically consider what defines a digital product in 2018.
• Strong time-management and organizational skills
• Self-learning and self-starting
• Strong communication skills and a pro-active work-ethic
• Design, build and manage a PHP and WordPress based product
• Write and maintain code that is scalable and optimized for performance
• Manage the codebase on test and production environment over AWS
• Sketch and wireframe mockups along with business team. (Build product roadmap.)
• Collaborate with the business team to understand their business needs and translate them into product features
• Collaborate with other external engineers where necessary (both freelance and in-house)
• Able to build and maintain a code base in HTML, CSS, PHP, JS, MySQL
• Able to use Git for code control
• Able to manage AWS deployments and environment setup
• Able to solve technical problems by finding quick solutions