Brand Strategist / Copywriter
2-4 Years Experience
Zero is a digitally native branding studio. We build brands for the digital world, with services ranging from brand strategy and naming, through visual identity, packaging, content creation, UX/UI and development.
We’re looking for a Strategist to contribute to the branding, content creation, design, and creative technology efforts at the studio.
Conceptualize the emotional “why” behind brands and how to express it across all creative mediums. Your specialty is written and verbal communication, but as a Strategist it’s imperative to think beyond your medium, developing a platform and brand world that is extendable across disciplines. Develop the persona, set the voice & tone, and provide thoughtful copy explorations that are actionable against brand goals, reflective of the target audience, and culturally aware.
From naming to marketing email subject lines and global ad campaigns, you’re responsible for developing copy that speaks the brand’s language and offers a fresh new perspective within the brand’s industry. Whether developing the brand tone or working within a set of established guidelines, you are able to plug into the brand mindset and articulate it. Impeccable attention to detail, understanding and skill as it relates to grammar and spelling are required. Ability to modulate your voice to fit a variety of personas/brands is a must.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the research & discovery phase through market research, audience interviews, and any additional tactics that add value
- Develop holistic brand strategies that are unique to the market and genuine to the beliefs and vision of the brand
- Develop presentations that clearly and effectively tell the story of our work, collaborate with the team on creating those presentations and present the work to our clients
- Develop and name brands and products extending from the brand strategy
- Collaborate closely with UX and Visual Designers on brand applications such as packaging, website, emails, and other mediums to support the brand world
- Work closely with PMs to define website language and a systematic approach to writing copy across medium to highly in-depth sites
- Approach every project with a clear purpose and ensure all executions meet business and user goals
This position is flexible with full-time, contract-to-hire, & freelance candidates welcomed.