Zero is a creative studio founded in NYC. Our intention is to create an environment where multidisciplinary teams can solve problems for progressive and contemporary brands. We aim to constantly re-evaluate what it’s like to work with a studio and provide a high degree of value and service to our clients and our team.
Our studio seeks an individual with a diverse background and the ability to operate with a wide array of personalities (both internally and client-side). We believe that process is at the core of our success - and are continually seeking to evolve ours to get the most out of each engagement. The unique and complex problems that face our clients call for fresh and strategic thinkers.
As an Account Manager, you will serve as a leader at Zero with an opportunity to define the client services practice. We expect an entrepreneurial and business-oriented focus to spur the growth of the studio. You’ll be working directly with the Partners to manage 3-5 accounts ranging across branding, digital, and marketing.
Your primary responsibility will be collaborating and leading our team(s) to create the best work possible in an enjoyable, engaging, and positive environment. Specifically, within our account team, you’ll be responsible for mentorship within the team as well as helping grow the team via recruiting and interviewing candidates.
You will be managing a high volume of projects and will be the primary point of contact for our clients, so expert organization, attention to detail, and communication skills are a must. Defining and implementing a high degree of customer service as well as measurable value will be vital to your success.
As an Account Manager, our expectation is that you approach the day-to-day with a positive, and solutions-oriented mindset. We believe the traits of kindness, respect, and empathy are vital to the role and a high degree of emotional intelligence and strategic thinking will be keys to success.
- Autonomously run key accounts while managing and growing relationships
- Approach every project with a clear purpose and ensure all executions meet business and audience goals
- Guide small-to-medium, multi-disciplinary teams toward the common goal of executing on-brief creative projects
- Keep a team constantly organized, over-communicate, avoid assumptions, and forecast risks to provide a contingency plan should risks become realities
- Excellent time management, resource management, and planning skills
- Ability to track towards quarterly account growth revenue targets
- Identifying opportunities to improve internal systems and increase efficiency
- Supporting studio partners in monitoring project budgets, risks, and scope overages
- Writing and ideating new scopes for potential project extension
- Work with Junior Project Managers as well as Technical Managers to oversee the day to day
- 4+ years of Account/Project Management experience within a creative industry
- Well versed in project management and communication tools including Notion, Asana, Google Suite, and Slack
- Can clearly demonstrate your passion for the role and communication skills needed to be successful
- You have managed at least one web development project
- You have managed at least one packaging and print production project
- You have managed 1-2 mid to large-sized accounts for at least 1 year
- You have completed 1-2 content creation projects that included photography, video, illustration or similar
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- 401k Matching
- Flexible time off
- Home-office reimbursement for desks and internet
- Professional development stipend (yearly)
One more thing:
When you send across your email we are looking for a quick tidbit of the most memorable client situation you found yourself in and how that influenced your approach.